Upstate Door AIA Seminar – “Woodwork Quality Standard Doors” – November 5th
Understanding the Energy Tax Credit for Windows and Doors
Green Glue for Soundproofing
Fastenmaster Cortex System for Kleer PVC Lumber
NuCedar PVC Replica Vertical Grain Cedar Siding
LiteSteel Beam – Light Structrual Beam
Seating is limited. Click here to register today!
Featuring Mike Sloggatt from OnSite Roadshow
Sponsored by Huber Engineered Woods
Date: Wednesday November 11, 2009
7:30am – 2:30pm
Location: KB Concepts – 31 Route 10 East Succasunna, NJ 07876
Please join us for this exciting hands on educational event for builders and remodelers. Kuiken Brothers and Huber Engineered Woods are proud to offer one day of hands-on building clinics with Mike Sloggatt, remodeling specialist and nationally recognized author and teacher. Take advantage of this free opportunity. Hone your skills. Increase your productivity. Improve your bottom line.
Major Sponsors: Silver Sponsors:
ONSITE ROADSHOW SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
|7:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
|8:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
||Hi-performance Floor Systems
- Accurate precise layout
- Working with engineered lumber
- I-joist modification do’s and don’ts (cutouts, notches)
- Trouble-free flooring systems: Sheathing selection for quiet stiff floors
- Eliminating wood flooring callbacks: moisture content, sheathing density, moisture resistance.
|10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
||Lean Systems for Production Framing
- Accurate layout techniques: Using a story pole
- Cutting wall frame packages
- Framing gable ends
- Exterior Sheathing: Energy efficient air barrier systems
|11:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon
|12:00 noon – 1:00 p.m.
||Production Roof Framing Techniques
- Using framing squares, speed squares, and calculators
- Making a rafter template
- Setting the ridge
- Hi-performance production roof sheathing
|1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
||Window and Flashing Details
- Installing windows in a weather-proof sheathing system (What is a Weather-resistive Barrier, Energy Efficiency) two different tapes: tape for seams, and 6 in. tape for roof and valley, and around windows, too.
- The drainage system: sill pans
- Self-adhesive flashing & sealants
- Side-walls and wall penetrations
- Roof penetrations
Seating is limited. Click here to register today.
This program meets NAHB’s continuing education requirements for the following designations: Certified Aging-In-Place Specialist (CAPS) , Certified Graduate Builder (CGB) , Certified Graduate Remodeler (CGR) , Certified Graduate Associate (CGA) , Certified Green Professional (CGP) , Graduate Master Builder (GMB) , Graduate Master Remodeler (GMR).
These events ‘qualify’ for AIA continuing education credits (4 credits total, one for each hour long seminar attended)! However, please note that they are not ‘accredited’ by the AIA, which means that you will have to ‘self-report’ your attendance at the show. Mike Sloggatt and the OnSite Roadshow team will provide their standard NAHB cards to you as proof that you attended the 4 hr. events.
For additional information, please contact Ryan Mulkeen, Kuiken Brothers Company, Inc 201.705.5375 email@example.com