Kuiken Brothers announces details on an upcoming Classical Moulding & Millwork Design Competition where the winner can win Five Hundred Dollars and have their work showcased on kuikenbrothers.com/mouldingproject. The winner will be announced at the AIA Newark & Suburban Architects New Members Party on April 7th at the KB Concepts Showroom in Succasunna, NJ.
George Washington will be adding a wing to the famous and iconic Mount Vernon estate. He has commissioned you to create a millwork package for a room within this wing, whether it be a formal dining room, a sprawling great room, or a grand entrance. He has requested that you pay particular attention to the moulding, door and window details.
Submissions will be judged on their use of space, scale and proportion, as well as the level of detail provided in the selection of windows, doors and KB Classical Moulding. Keep it simple – participants should focus exclusively on one room (it can be as simple as one wall!).
The design competition is open to NEW and PROSPECTIVE members of the AIA Newark & Suburban Architects (new members who have joined within the last 2 years).
1) You may hand sketch, or use CAD , Google SketchUp, etc to showcase your classical moulding & millwork design.
2) Use at least one moulding profile from the following categories in the KB Classical Moulding Collection Choose one of the links below for CAD files (.DWG, .DXF, .PDF)
3) For additional CAD files for windows and doors, visit one of the following websites:
4) Provide a brief description of what you are trying to achieve (250 words maximum)
5) PDF or JPG images should be uploaded to www.kuikenbrothers.com/mouldingproject no later than Thursday, March 24th at 5:00pm EST
6) Submit your Classical Moulding & Millwork Design Here through our website. If you are having problems uploading, please contact Ryan Mulkeen 201.705.5375 firstname.lastname@example.org. Submit your Classical Moulding & Millwork Design here through our website BY MARCH 24th 5:00PM.
Besides the chance to win Five Hundred Dollars and a chance to showcase your work at the AIA Newark & Suburban Architects New Members Party, your submission will be posted on www.kuikenbrothers.com/mouldingproject from March 29th – April 6th where you can invite your friends and family to vote for the design.
– Prospective Customers – Current Clients – Friends & Family – Prospective Employers –
The designs will remain posted on the website for a minimal period of 6 months along with your contact information and links to your website if available. We will also provide you with links so that you can share your work with social media sites such as Facebook and more.
READ MORE FOR FULL DETAILS AND JUDGING CRITERIA
03/2011: Design Competition - Classical Moulding