Residential & commercial building professionals enjoy the flavors of Newark at strategic location near railroads, highways and port.
Fair Lawn, N.J., October 22, 2019 – The ceremonial chainsaw cutting of a 2 X 8 length of lumber by Kuiken Brothers’ President Doug Kuiken provided a unique twist to the Grand Opening celebration of the 107-year old company’s new residential and commercial building materials center on Doremus Avenue in Newark’s East Ward.
With convenient connectivity via road and rail and waterfront access on Port Newark’s shipping channel, the facility will help Kuiken Brothers better serve its expanding marketplace in the New Jersey/New York metro region.
Hundreds of guests, including residential and commercial building professionals, vendors, friends and local business and community leaders enjoyed a true taste of Newark, including food and spirits from Ironbound District favorites like Sol Mar, Caseiro e Bom, All Points West Distillery and Jimenez Cigars, in addition to tours of the 10-acre facility.
Vice President of Operations and Site Manager Matt Kuiken welcomed the crowd, and highlighted the site’s long commercial history, along with the three-year process from the property’s purchase to its renovation and reopening as Kuiken Brothers’ ninth building materials center in New Jersey and New York. “Amazon may have made a different decision, but Kuiken Brothers is here, and we are proud to be a part of the great things that are happening in Newark,” Kuiken noted.
“For many years, we have supplied a wide range of residential and commercial projects in Essex, Hudson, and Union Counties,” Doug Kuiken added. “The Newark location will provide us with even greater access, allow for faster delivery into these markets, and will open up opportunities for new relationships to be established with building professionals in the region, including Staten Island, Brooklyn, Manhattan, and coastal New Jersey markets.”
“Throughout its history, Kuiken Brothers has carefully selected its expansion sites and Newark is another great example. The intersection of multi-modal transportation, proximity to promising markets and focus on customer service made New Jersey’s largest City the right place for their ninth location,” stated Chip Hallock, President & CEO of the Newark Regional Business Partnership. “When Kuiken Brothers increases sales of high quality commercial and residential construction materials, that means people are working and communities are rebuilding. That’s a positive sign for our region which fosters more opportunities for our citizens.”
The facility, located at 500 Doremus Avenue, approximately one mile off Exit 15E on the New Jersey Turnpike, offers easy access to Route 78, Route 280, Routes 1 & 9, and the Garden State Parkway, and features covered storage, including a drive-through warehouse with nine loading docks, an automated racking system and exterior covered racking (storage sheds and cantilever systems). Over a quarter mile of rail siding to the waterfront accommodates the direct shipment of lumber, plywood and drywall from premier lumber mills and manufacturing facilities in North America.
Kuiken Brothers Newark, NJ Location Features & Benefits
- Large Inventory of Residential & Commercial Building Materials
- Lumber & Pywood
- Engineered Lumber
- Windows & Doors
- Heavy & Light Gauge Steel Framing
- Full Offering of Panels & Commercial Materials, including drywall & metal studs
- Full utilization of 10 acres storage capacity
- Nearly 115,000 square feet of total covered storage
- Total Covered warehouse/operations = 72,300 square feet
- Total exterior covered racking (storage sheds, cantilever systems) = 42,612 square feet
- Drive-Thru Warehouse
- 9 Loading Docks
- Auto-Racking for pulling orders quickly
- Rail Siding – 1,700 linear feet through property to waterfront
- Direct from Mill Lumber, Plywood, Drywall Shipments
- Accessibility to Major Highways
- NJ Turnpike, Route 78, Route 280, Routes 1 & 9 and the Garden State Parkway
- Located in the Heart of Essex County, borders Hudson and Union Counties
- Will alleviate delivery pressure on Kuiken Brothers existing Bergen and Morris County locations
- Waterfront Access to Newark Bay
- Delivery capabilities includes GPS equipped flatbeds, tractor trailers, truck mounted moffett forklifts and 4, 6 and 8-story boom trucks
- International Shipping Capabilities
- Additional Services for Building Professionals
- Kuikenbrothers.com Account Management (Download Invoices, On-line Payment Portal, Product Pricing, Auto-Email Invoices)
- Free Product Literature and Samples
- Free Continuing Education Seminars