On April 8, 2020, NJ Governor Phil Murphy signed Executive Order 122 enacting a temporary suspension of all non-essential construction in NJ, with the effective date of Friday April 10, 2020 at 8:00PM. The suspension of non-essential construction will remain in place until further notice.
Exceptions to this shut-down include: projects at our hospitals and schools, in our transportation and utility sector, the building of affordable housing, other individual housing sites that can adhere to strict limits on the number of workers on-site at any given time, emergency repairs, and work needed to safely secure a construction site, and other limited instances. For clarification and further detail pertaining to permitted construction, visit the NJ.Gov COVID-19 Information Hub.
We Remain Open For Business
Kuiken Brothers remains open for business* in order to service our customers working on essential projects, as well as to service our community homeowner markets for home repairs and DIY projects. Additionally, our building material specialists will continue to be accessible to assist in product pricing/ quoting, technical assistance and we will continue to ship our moulding collection to projects nationwide. We are also excited to announce that our Kitchen & Bath Cabinetry Designers are now hosting virtual meetings with new and current clients in our showrooms.
You can reach our staff by phone or email (information below).
All previously reported operational procedures remain in effect until further notice. Additionally, and pursuant to the latest Executive Order, all Kuiken Brothers staff and customers are now required to wear face protection while at our any of our locations.
Resources for Builders & Contractors
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act allocated $350 billion to help small businesses keep workers employed amid the pandemic and economic downturn. Known as the Paycheck Protection Program, the initiative provides 100% federally guaranteed loans to small businesses who maintain their payroll during this emergency. Importantly, these loans may be forgiven if borrowers maintain their payrolls during the crisis or restore their payrolls afterward.
Additionally, there are many other programs and benefits made available to assist small businesses through these challenging times. Please reach out to us if you have any questions, and we would be happy to assist. You may otherwise find additional information at the resources below.
Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) – contact your bank for details
Contacting Kuiken Brothers During COVID-19
Phone, e-mail or submit your orders through our website contact form. Our team will call, email or text when your order is ready for pickup or delivery. The following is a list of direct contacts at each location.
Website Contact Form:
(will be forwarded based on proximity to location)
Fair Lawn, NJ
Midland Park, NJ
National Sales (Moulding)
Please consider utilizing Kuiken Brothers delivery fleet of 90+ vehicles for your orders. Our drivers are now wearing gloves and masks and have been instructed to follow social distancing guidelines when interacting with customers. For the safety and well-being of our entire team, we request in advance that you and your crew practice the same.
In the event that you have to visit a location for material pick-up, you are encouraged to remain in your vehicle and allow our team to load the material for you. Anyone entering one of our facilities will be required to wear a cloth face covering.
New Operational Procedures (Effective Immediately)
Hours of Operation
- Monday – Friday: 7:00am – 4:00pm
- Saturday & Sunday: Closed
- All showrooms (Kitchen Cabinetry & Millwork) Closed to the public. but you can schedule a Virtual Meeting with our Design Team. Read More.
- Drivers are not required to obtain signatures from customers at this time, however, if a customer is present our drivers will ask for receivers name and it will be printed on the delivery ticket. All delivery tickets are scanned for future reference.
- Drivers will continue to take photos of all deliveries once dropped off on a jobsite.
If it is essential that you must enter our locations, please note that the following procedures will be implemented per CDC and other governmental agencies:
- Sales Counters will have a 6’ buffer between sales and customer area
- If paying by credit card, a payment link will be e-mailed to you to reduce direct contact
- Customers are encouraged to remain in vehicles. Please call or e-mail the addresses listed above and our team will process your order. Orders will be relayed to our operations team who will load your vehicle, or deliver to your jobsite if required.
Members Only – Online Pricing & Downloadable Invoices & Statements
- Existing account holders (cash and charge customers) can request access Members Only to enhance your remote capabilities
- Access to invoices, statement balances and quoting
- Visit www.kuikenbrothers.com/membersonly
Our Cleaning Commitment
- Our staff will routinely clean and sanitize all high-touch surfaces throughout the hours of operation.
- We will be cleaning all day, every day
- Routinely disinfect every touch surface
- Yard staff must always be wearing gloves – required as per safety guidelines
By utilizing the technologies available to us, we hope to keep our community healthy, and productive. This is no doubt a challenge to our community, but as a community, we will see it through, together. Kuiken Brothers is here to help. Again, our yards and stores are all open for pick-up and delivery, however we encourage you to use the available technologies to limit in-person activity at this time.
To stay up to date on current communication on how COVID-19 Coronavirus is impacting our business, please consider:
Matthew D. Kuiken
Vice President of Operations