PermaBASE Cement Board can save precious time over traditional three-coat stucco. With faster, simpler and less expensive installation when compared to traditional methods, there is no better product for exterior finishing than PermaBASE Cement Board. Using PermaBASE Cement Board can take a three-coat stucco process that typically takes three to four days and cut installation time in half for significant cost savings on labor and materials.
Installing stucco with PermaBASE Cement Board significantly reduces time-intensive curing. When compared to traditional three-coat stucco, using PermaBASE Cement Board reduces trips around the structure. The cement boards are panels installed similar to drywall.
Watch the video below to see how it’s done:
Cement board stucco includes the following steps:
- Install one weather barrier
- Hang the PermaBASE Cement Board panels and treat the joints with fiberglass mesh tape
- Apply a ⅛”-thick stucco base coat, embed fiberglass mesh into the base coat and let it cure for 8 to 24 hours
- Apply the colored finish coat
Additional Benefits Include:
- Time and Labor savings – Cement board stucco simply takes less time to install, and traditional stucco crews can easily be trained on how to hang cement board.
- Clean work site – The base coat used with cement board comes premixed, which means no on-site mixing, and the cement board is shipped on a pallet, keeping the work site tidy.
- Material savings: There is very little waste with cement board stucco. On the other hand, applying traditional three-coat stucco can result in a lot of cement ending up as waste on the ground.
Cement board stucco can be installed in any weather, and the finish coat is the only instance in which temperature is critical. For traditional three-coat stucco, the temperature must be between 40- and 90-degrees Fahrenheit. If it’s too cold, the water won’t cure out of the cement, and if it’s too hot, it dries too fast and starts cracking. In hot weather, stucco crews sometimes have to spray it with water to ensure it doesn’t cure too quickly.
Learn more about cement board stucco and how it can save you labor, time and material costs at Kuiken Brothers locations throughout NJ & NY. If you would like more information on PermaBase Products, feel free to give us a call at 201-652-1000 or fill out our online Contact Us Form (make sure you reference “PermaBase” in the Comments/Questions field) and one of our sales representatives will follow up with you right away.