Architects Conference at Kuiken Brothers LIVE Product Expo
Seminar Seating is VERY Limited, So RSVP Today!
Thursday, November 8, 2018 – Sheraton Crossroads Hotel, Mahwah, NJ
Kuiken Brothers’ LIVE Product Expo 2018 is a must attend event for architects looking to earn continuing education credits and receive a hands-on learning experience from Kuiken Brothers’ premier manufacturer and distribution partners. Walk side-by-side with your industry colleagues to learn more about the products that are readily available at our locations throughout the region. This event only showcases products that our team of experts have been trained on and are either in-stock, or readily available through our distribution partners ensuring if you specify, your projects will stay on-time, and on-budget.
4:00pm – 5:00pm Moisture Management and Residential Façade Design
Presented by Lucas Hamilton, CertainTeed Building Science Applications Manager
Qualifies for 1 AIA/CES LU (HSW)
This course provides a systematic analysis of the moisture management aspects of the various layers of contemporary residential walls. Along with a primer on the base science of heat and air flow, by identifying the moisture storage and moisture flow properties of the materials which comprise these walls, participants will come to a better understanding of how walls “wet” and how they “dry”. With this knowledge participants will then compare various cladding systems which are popular in the market today from the perspective of moisture management capacity and durability.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the some of the primary functions of the building envelope.
- Describe the following as they relate to the principles of building envelope design:
- Science of Climates
- Heat flow and air flow
- Water Forms, Moisture Movement, and moisture storage by material & system
- Describe the principle considerations pertaining to the design and construction of wall assemblies that address moisture flow and control
- Describe the mechanisms by which materials “wet” and dry.
- Finally we will focus on the advantages and disadvantages of various kinds of residential wall claddings in the context of moisture control and durability