NOW HIRING NON – CDL DRIVERS – MIDLAND PARK, NJ
Kuiken Brothers Midland Park, NJ
145 Lake Ave
Midland Park, NJ 07432
Join one of the most forward thinking building material companies in the country!
The Kuiken Brothers Board of Directors would like to take this opportunity to personally thank you for consideration of employment with our company. You have selected a progressive, people-oriented company that provides a wide variety of products and services to our customers. We owe our past and current successes to the dedication, loyalty and hard work of all our employees. Without it, we would not be here today. Likewise, our future depends on the employees that comprise the Kuiken Brothers’ TEAM.
We offer many benefits and employee programs that will help make work more rewarding and enjoyable.
We are a service organization–which means people working with and serving other people. What makes us successful is our ability to provide our customers with exceptional service.
We believe that our people–all of our dedicated, loyal and hardworking employees–are our greatest asset. Thank you for selecting Kuiken Brothers Company as your potential employer!
Now Accepting Applicants for Non-CDL Drivers
If you have an interest in employment opportunities with Kuiken Brothers at our Midland Park, NJ location and would like to discuss details about the open positions, we would like to hear from you.
Please download and complete the application above and submit to the Human Resources Department at our Fair Lawn, NJ location by fax (201) 475-2170 or e-mail HR@kuikenbrothers.com. You may also reach them by phone by calling (201) 796-2082.
The primary role of the Non-CDL Driver will be delivering building material products or supplies to customers, vendors or other company locations in vehicles weighing 26,000 lbs. or less. Duties include operating freight handling equipment, maintenance and operation of company vehicles.
Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned as needed):
- Handle assorted tools properly and safely
- Operate power industrial trucks (PITO) and other machinery
- Verify order details and checks load against invoice to ensure accuracy of order
- Load and appropriately secure product, materials, or supplies
- Deliver product within assigned route schedule and time windows
- Unload material safely and accurately, taking precaution to protect product and customer property
- Provide customer service at jobsites
- Communicate job site issues with manager or any questions customer may have
- Executes and understands the importance of time management, standards of operating procedures, owner’s manuals and product/warning labels
- Maintain log of deliveries, including amounts and/or weights, mileage and locations of deliveries
- Maintain the cleanliness and appearance of vehicles
Knowledge of BisTrack, preferred
Qualifications: (Education and yrs of experience)
- Able to read, write & communicate in English
- Able to complete basic math and measurement skills
- Push, pull, kneel, bend, squat and lift 50 lbs. or more unassisted
- Power Industrial Truck Operator experience, preferred
- Building material knowledge and or experience, preferred
- High School Diploma/ GED required
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license
- Previous delivery experience, preferably with building materials
- Able to pass an annual MVR
- Possess a Department of Transportation (DOT) medical card or willingness to obtain, if required
- Pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens required, if DOT required
- Work a flexible schedule, including weekends
- Detail oriented
- To be self-motivated and have a strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently and within a team setting
- Ability to work in a high-volume environment and in various weather conditions
- Interpersonal skills (relationship building, teamwork, interpersonal insight, conflict resolution, customer orientation)
- Must be able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with other store location members
- Communication (verbal communication, persuasive impact, listening, written communication)
- Judgment and thinking (strategic thinking, original thinking, judgment and decision making, problem solving, awareness)
- Performance skills (accuracy with detail, planning and organizing, efficiency, business acumen)
- Personal characteristics (motivation/commitment, flexibility, assertiveness, development orientated, results orientation resilience, quality orientation)
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moving frequently, standing, walking, and sitting.
- Must be able to see and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent reaching, holding and grasping with hands when loading and unloading product.
- Frequent use of foot/feet to operate foot pedal/s on equipment and trucks.
- Frequent lifting of up to 50 lbs. Occasional lifting of up to 115 lbs.
- Safely and frequently entering/exiting the vehicle as well as the rear cargo area.
Disclaimer: The above information in this description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It does not contain nor is it intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Now Accepting Applicants for Non-CDL Drivers
If you have an interest in employment opportunities with Kuiken Brothers and would like to discuss details about the open position, we would like to hear from you.
Please download and complete the application above and submit to the Human Resources Department at our Fair Lawn, NJ location by fax (201) 475-2170 or e-mail HR@kuikenbrothers.com. If you need any assistance with the job application process please visit Human Resources at 6-02 Fair Lawn Avenue, Fair Lawn, NJ 07410. You may also reach us by phone by calling (201) 796-2082.