In the construction industry, innovation is key, and EXACOR sound reduction boards boards stand out as a game-changer.
Now available at Kuiken Brothers locations in NJ & NY, these versatile boards serve as both underlayment or wall sheathing, offering streamlined strength, efficient installation, and enhanced fire resistance and sound performance. Composed mainly of inorganic materials reinforced with glass fiber mesh, EXACOR sound reduction boards provide a reliable solution for both multifamily and residential projects, reflecting a commitment to safety and efficiency.
EXACOR sound reduction underlayment panels are specifically engineered to meet the fire-rating, sound-rating and dimensional stability requirements of most multifamily and light commercial jobsites. Made of magnesium oxide and an integrated mesh core, EXACOR underlayment panels are fire resistant. In addition, EXACOR underlayment panels can offer a base for floor coverings that eliminates the need for gypsum underlayment and installs 30% faster than gypsum underlayment.
EXACOR Wall Sheathing
EXACOR wall sheathing panels are fire-resistant, high-density, structural magnesium oxide cement panels. When used as an exterior wall sheathing, EXACOR panels can replace other sheathing materials in certain assemblies, potentially reducing the number of layers required.
EXACOR wall sheathing can be used in exterior walls of Type III construction greater than 40 feet in height above grade plane when used in accordance with the applicable NFPA 285–compliant designs as listed in ESL-1290. EXACOR sheathing is not approved for use on Type I or II buildings except as noted in ESR-4635.
Features & Benefits Include:
- Speed & Ease of Installation: Installs with just a single trade and can eliminate the need for gypsum underlayment
- Sound Absorption: Can help achieve sound ratings when used as a part of STC/IIC tested floor/ceiling assembly.
- Fire Resistance: Inherently fire resistant throughout and provides fire resistance as part of fire resistance–rated wall and floor/ceiling assemblies.
- Durability: Tough enough to handle jobsite conditions, withstands exposure to moisture and does not warp, expand, cup or delaminate like other wood panels do.
- Inherent Strength: Contains a proprietary layered mesh reinforcement for added structural value.
- Quality Assurance: Manufactured under a quality control program with inspections by ICC-ES and Underwriters Laboratory (UL) to ensure consistent product performance.
- Optimize Material & Labor Costs: High-performing material that may save time and help reduce materials and trades needed to install.
- Underlayment Panel, 1/2″ × 4′ × 8′
- Sheathing Panel, 1/2″ × 4′ × 8′
If you would like to learn more about EXACOR MgO, please feel free to give us a call (201) 652-1000, or take a moment to complete the Contact Us Form and a Kuiken Brothers Sales Representative would be happy to follow up with you.