NOW HIRING – COMMERCIAL DOOR HARDWARE SALES REPRESENTATIVE – GARFIELD, NJ
Kuiken Brothers Garfield, NJ
485 River Drive
Garfield, NJ 07026
The primary role of the Commercial Door Sales Representative is to work closely with General Contractors and Owners/Developers to promote and sell high-quality door and hardware.
Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned as needed):
• Interact with our customers and other team members, provide written quotes, information about products, and availability
• Perform plan takeoffs as needed
• Estimate/quote prices, current lead times and other details associated with project
• Process customer orders on the daily basis to ensure quick turnaround and order accuracy.
• Build and maintain quality relations with customers
• Understand, research and resolve customer problems and concerns
• Monitor scheduled shipment dates to ensure timely delivery and expedite as needed
• Follow sales through to delivery or pick up by client
• Achieve established sales and various goals
• Jobsite visits required as needed
• Strong computer skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook)
Qualifications: (Education and yrs of experience)
• Ability to read, write, and speak in English
• High School Diploma or GED required, Associate’s degree preferred
• 1-2+ years of sales and customer service experience
• Knowledge of industry products preferred, but not required
• Completion of training courses and certifications from Door and Hardware Institute
• Judgment and thinking (strategic thinking, original thinking, judgment and decision making, problem solving, awareness)
• Performance skills (accuracy with detail, planning and organizing, efficiency, business acumen)
• Leadership (ability to take charge of a situation and make sure it gets resolved)
• Communication (verbal communication, written communication)
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Talking and hearing necessary for communication
• Reading a computer screen for an extended period
• Frequent standing and walking
• Reaching, handling, and finger dexterity necessary to operate various office machines/tools
• The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The above information in this description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It does not contain nor is it intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
*Equal Employment Opportunity
Kuiken Brothers Company provides equal opportunity to all qualified employees, and applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or sexual orientation. It is the responsibility of all management and supervisory personnel to ensure the fulfillment of this policy, including hiring, placement, upgrading, transfer, demotion, recruitment, advertising, or solicitation of employment; treatment during employment; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; selection for training; participation in Company-sponsored functions or programs; layoff or discharge.
Now Accepting Applicants
If you have an interest in employment opportunities with Kuiken Brothers at our Garfield, NJ location and would like to discuss details about the open positions, we would like to hear from you.