Please join us for this exciting hands on educational event for builders and remodelers. Hone your skills. Increase your productivity. Improve your bottom line.
Limited Seating – RSVP Today! Click here
Kuiken Brothers and Huber Engineered Woods are proud to offer one day of hands-on building clinics with Mike Sloggatt, remodeling specialist and nationally recognized author and teacher. Take advantage of this free opportunity. Hone your skills. Increase your productivity. Improve your bottom line.
Wednesday November 11, 2009 7:30am – 2:30pm
KB Concepts – A Kuiken Brothers Window, Kitchen & Millwork Showroom
31 Route 10 East Succasunna, NJ 07876
Click here to register today!
7:30-8:30 Hot Breakfast
8:30-9:30 Hi-performance Floor Systems
- Accurate precise layout
- Working with engineered lumber
- I-joist modification do’s and don’ts (cutouts, notches)
- Trouble-free flooring systems: Sheathing selection for quiet stiff floors
- Eliminating wood flooring callbacks: moisture content, sheathing density, moisture resistance.
10:00-11:00 Lean Systems for Production Framing
- Accurate layout techniques: Using a story pole
- Cutting wall frame packages
- Framing gable ends
- Exterior Sheathing: Energy efficient air barrier systems
12:00-1:00 Production Roof Framing Techniques
- Using framing squares, speed squares, and calculators
- Making a rafter template
- Setting the ridge
- Hi-performance production roof sheathing
1:30-2:30 Window and Flashing Details
- Installing windows in a weather-proof sheathing system (What is a Weather-resistive Barrier, Energy Efficiency) two different tapes: tape for seams, and 6 in. tape for roof and valley, and around windows, too.
- The drainage system: sill pans
- Self-adhesive flashing & sealants
- Side-walls and wall penetrations
- Roof penetrations