NOW HIRING YARD WORKERS – WANTAGE, NJ
Join one of the most forward thinking building material companies in the country!
The Kuiken Brothers Board of Directors would like to take this opportunity to personally thank you for consideration of employment with our company. You have selected a progressive, people-oriented company that provides a wide variety of products and services to our customers. We owe our past and current successes to the dedication, loyalty and hard work of all our employees. Without it, we would not be here today. Likewise, our future depends on the employees that comprise the Kuiken Brothers’ TEAM.
We offer many benefits and employee programs that will help make work more rewarding and enjoyable.
We are a service organization–which means people working with and serving other people. What makes us successful is our ability to provide our customers with exceptional service.
We believe that our people–all of our dedicated, loyal and hardworking employees–are our greatest asset. Thank you for selecting Kuiken Brothers Company as your potential employer!
The primary role of the Yard Worker will be to function as the customer support representative in all related yard activities. You will collaborate with colleagues to maintain the lumberyard and to helping customers find the products they need.
Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned as needed):
- Handle assorted tools properly and safely
- Assist in loading and unloading truck via pallets or manual delivery; perform daily distribution of product
- Operate power industrial trucks (PITO) and other machinery
- Provide customer service in yard operation
- Executes and understands the importance of time management, standards of operating procedures, owner’s manuals and product/warning labels
- Knowledge of BisTrack, preferred
Qualifications: (Education and yrs of experience)
- Ability to read, write, and speak in English
- Push, Pull, Kneel, Bend, Squat, and Lift 50 lbs or more
- Power Industrial Truck Operator experience, preferred
- Building material knowledge and or experience, preferred
- High School Diploma/GED, preferred
- Detail oriented
- To be self-motivated and have a strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently and within a team setting
- Ability to work in a high volume environment and in various weather conditions
- Interpersonal skills (relationship building, teamwork, interpersonal insight, conflict resolution, customer orientation)
- Must be able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with other store location members
- Communication (verbal communication, persuasive impact, listening, written communication)
- Judgment and thinking (strategic thinking, original thinking, judgment and decision making, problem solving, awareness)
- Performance skills (accuracy with detail, planning and organizing, efficiency, business acumen)
- Personal characteristics (motivation/commitment, flexibility, assertiveness, development orientated, results orientation resilience, quality orientation)