Attention Outside Sales Representatives! Join one of the most forward thinking building material companies in the country! Our newest Residential & Commercial facility is currently under construction in Newark, NJ, located approximately one mile off Exit 15E of the New Jersey Turnpike.
The Kuiken Brothers Board of Directors would like to take this opportunity to personally thank you for consideration of employment with our company. You have selected a progressive, people-oriented company that provides a wide variety of products and services to our customers. We owe our past and current successes to the dedication, loyalty and hard work of all our employees. Without it, we would not be here today. Likewise, our future depends on the employees that comprise the Kuiken Brothers’ TEAM.
We offer many benefits and employee programs that will help make work more rewarding and enjoyable.
We are a service organization–which means people working with and serving other people. What makes us successful is our ability to provide our customers with exceptional service.
We believe that our people–all of our dedicated, loyal and hardworking employees–are our greatest asset. Thank you for selecting Kuiken Brothers Company as your potential employer!
The primary role of the Outside Sales Representative (OSR) is responsible for increasing KBCo market share in assigned territory through the development of new business while managing and strengthening established customer relationships.
Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned as needed):
- Achieve budgeted sales and gross profit objectives through the development and maintenance of creditworthy accounts
- Develop a working knowledge of all building and remodeling activity in assigned territory enabling KBCo to optimize sales efforts
- Forge strong relationships with builders, remodeling contractors, architects, and vendors to effectively promote KBCo products and services
- Estimate project material needs and generate and present accurate sales quotations
- Track sales leads and coordinate follow-up efforts with KBCo management
- Process sales transactions and coordinate efforts with purchasing, shipping, and all other departments
- Coordinate sales efforts with inside sales team, keeping them informed of customer activity, needs, and concerns
- Communicate activities with KBCo management through weekly territory reports on CRM.
- Establish effective time management techniques to efficiently balance between servicing existing customers and prospecting new business
- Continually develop product expertise through available product-knowledge sessions and seminars
- Participate in KBCo promotions as assigned including trade shows and exhibits, builder trips, outings, dinners
- Knowledge of BisTrack, preferred
Qualifications: (Education and years of experience)
- Ability to read, write, and speak in English
- Able to complete basic math and measurement skills
- Read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Building material knowledge and or experience, preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in sales or closely related field with three years of relevant sales and industry experience; or equivalent combined education and on the job experience.
- Must possess or obtain a valid state driver’s license and have a proven safe driving record
- Pass an annual MVR as required per DOT
- Ability to lift, carry, and otherwise transport work-related materials that frequently weigh up to 25 lbs. and that may occasionally weigh in excess of 25 lbs
- Work a flexible schedule
- Detail oriented
- To be self-motivated and have a strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently and within a team setting
- Ability to work in a high volume environment and in various weather conditions
- Interpersonal skills (relationship building, teamwork, interpersonal insight, conflict resolution, customer orientation)
- Must be able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with other store location members
- Communication (verbal communication, persuasive impact, listening, written communication)
- Judgment and thinking (strategic thinking, original thinking, judgment and decision making, problem solving, awareness)
- Performance skills (accuracy with detail, planning and organizing, efficiency, business acumen)
- Personal characteristics (motivation/commitment, flexibility, assertiveness, development orientated, results orientation resilience, quality orientation)
- Commitment to and demonstration of high ethical standards governing professional behavior and interactions
Below is a brief overview on the plans for the Newark, NJ Location.
Newark, NJ Location Features & Benefits
- Large Inventory of Residential & Commercial Building Materials
- Full 10 acres of storage capacity
- Accessibility to major highways (NJ Turnpike, Route 78, Route 280, Routes 1 & 9 and the Garden State Parkway)
- Delivery capabilities to include flatbeds, tractor trailers, moffett and boom trucks
- Rail Siding – Direct from the mill shipments of Lumber, Plywood and Drywall
- Multiple Drive Through Warehouses
- Waterfront Access
- Efficiency gains and expanded inventory for all markets we serve
Now Accepting Applicants
If you have an interest in employment opportunities with Kuiken Brothers at our Newark, NJ location and would like to discuss details about the open positions, we would like to hear from you.
Please download and complete either the general or driver application above and submit to the Human Resources Department at our Fair Lawn, NJ location by fax (201) 475-2170 or e-mail HR@kuikenbrothers.com. You may also reach them by phone by calling (201) 796-2082.