Now Accepting Applicants for an Operations Representative!
Kuiken Brothers, Midland Park, NJ
145 Lake Avenue
Midland Park, NJ 07432
Join one of the most forward thinking building material companies in the country!
Please complete the application above and submit to the Human Resources Department at our Fair Lawn, NJ location. Should you have any questions, you may reach them by e-mail HR@kuikenbrothers.com or by calling (201) 796-2082.
The primary role of the Operations Representative is to function as the customer support representative in all related yard activities. You will collaborate with colleagues to maintain the lumberyard and to help customers find the products they need.
Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned as needed):
- Provide superior customer service in yard operation; answers customers’ questions and concerns regarding orders and retrieves orders
- Assists in gathering materials to build loads/orders
- Assist truck drivers to load various building supplies onto trucks for delivery
- Operate the yard forklifts once training and certification has been achieved
- Help unload transport trucks with product for the store and yard
- Be knowledgeable about all products stored in the yard
- Practice proper material handling techniques to ensure minimal damage to yard inventory
- Keep the yard area clean and presentable in appearance
- Executes and understands the importance of time management, standards of operating procedures, owner’s manuals and product/warning labels
- Assists in keeping inventory stocked with proper materials
- Operates with a strict awareness of all safety guidelines
- Knowledge of BisTrack, preferred
Qualifications: (Education and yrs of experience)
- Ability to read, write, and speak in English
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Power Industrial Truck Operator experience preferred
- Building material knowledge and or experience preferred
- Must be self-motivated and have a strong work ethic
- Ability to work in a high-volume environment
- Interpersonal skills (relationship building, teamwork, interpersonal insight, conflict resolution, customer orientation)
- Communication (verbal communication, persuasive impact, listening, written communication)
- Judgment and thinking (strategic thinking, original thinking, judgment and decision making, problem solving, awareness)
- Performance skills (accuracy with detail, planning and organizing, efficiency, business acumen)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moving frequently, standing and walking
- Frequent reaching, holding and grasping with hands when loading and unloading product
- Frequent pushing, pulling, kneeling, bending, and squatting
- Frequent lifting of up to 50 lbs. Occasional lifting of up to 115 lbs.
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions
Disclaimer: The above information in this description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It does not contain nor is it intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
*Equal Employment Opportunity
Kuiken Brothers Company provides equal opportunity to all qualified employees, and applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or sexual orientation. It is the responsibility of all management and supervisory personnel to ensure the fulfillment of this policy, including hiring, placement, upgrading, transfer, demotion, recruitment, advertising, or solicitation of employment; treatment during employment; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; selection for training; participation in Company-sponsored functions or programs; layoff or discharge.
Now Accepting Applicants
If you have an interest in employment opportunities with Kuiken Brothers at our Midland Park, NJ location and would like to discuss details about the open positions, we would like to hear from you.
Please download and complete the application above and submit to the Human Resources Department at our Fair Lawn, NJ location by fax (201) 475-2170 or e-mail HR@kuikenbrothers.com. You may also reach them by phone by calling (201) 796-2082.