NOW HIRING AN OPERATIONS REPRESENTATIVE – NEWARK, NJ
Join one of the most forward thinking building material companies in the country! Our newest Residential & Commercial facility is currently under construction in Newark, NJ, located approximately one mile off Exit 15E of the New Jersey Turnpike.
The Kuiken Brothers Board of Directors would like to take this opportunity to personally thank you for consideration of employment with our company. You have selected a progressive, people-oriented company that provides a wide variety of products and services to our customers. We owe our past and current successes to the dedication, loyalty and hard work of all our employees. Without it, we would not be here today. Likewise, our future depends on the employees that comprise the Kuiken Brothers’ TEAM.
We offer many benefits and employee programs that will help make work more rewarding and enjoyable.
We are a service organization–which means people working with and serving other people. What makes us successful is our ability to provide our customers with exceptional service.
We believe that our people–all of our dedicated, loyal and hardworking employees–are our greatest asset. Thank you for selecting Kuiken Brothers Company as your potential employer!
Now Accepting Applicants for an Operations Representative
If you have an interest in employment opportunities with Kuiken Brothers and would like to discuss details about the open position, we would like to hear from you.
Please download and complete the application above and submit to the Human Resources Department at our Fair Lawn, NJ location by fax (201) 475-2170 or e-mail HR@kuikenbrothers.com. You may also reach them by phone by calling (201) 796-2082.
The primary role of the Operations Representative is to function as the customer support representative in all related yard activities. You will collaborate with colleagues to maintain the lumberyard and to helping customers find the products they need.
Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned as needed):
- Provide superior customer service in yard operation; answers customers’ questions and concerns regarding orders and retrieves orders
- Assists in gathering materials to build loads/orders
- Assist truck drivers to load various building supplies onto trucks for delivery
- Operate the yard forklifts once training and certification has been achieved
- Help unload transport trucks with product for the store and yard
- Be knowledgeable about all products stored in the yard
- Practice proper material handling techniques to ensure minimal damage to yard inventory
- Keep the yard area clean and presentable in appearance
- Executes and understands the importance of time management, standards of operating procedures, owner’s manuals and product/warning labels
- Assists in keeping inventory stocked with proper materials
- Operates with a strict awareness of all safety guidelines
- Assists in regular cycle counts as needed
- Knowledge of BisTrack, preferred
Qualifications: (Education and yrs of experience)
- Ability to read, write, and speak in English
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Power Industrial Truck Operator experience preferred
- Building material knowledge and or experience preferred
- Be able to work the yard during adverse weather conditions
- Must be self-motivated and have a strong work ethic
- Ability to work in a high-volume environment
- Interpersonal skills (relationship building, teamwork, interpersonal insight, conflict resolution, customer orientation)
- Communication (verbal communication, persuasive impact, listening, written communication)
- Judgment and thinking (strategic thinking, original thinking, judgment and decision making, problem solving, awareness)
- Performance skills (accuracy with detail, planning and organizing, efficiency, business acumen)
- Personal characteristics (motivation/commitment, flexibility, assertiveness, development orientated, results orientation resilience, quality orientation)
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moving frequently, standing and walking
- Frequent reaching, holding and grasping with hands when loading and unloading product
- Frequent pushing, pulling, kneeling, bending, and squatting
- Frequent lifting of up to 50 lbs. Occasional lifting of up to 115 lbs.
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions
Below is a brief overview on the plans for the Newark, NJ Location.
Newark, NJ Location Features & Benefits
- Large Inventory of Residential & Commercial Building Materials
- Full 10 acres of storage capacity
- Accessibility to major highways (NJ Turnpike, Route 78, Route 280, Routes 1 & 9 and the Garden State Parkway)
- Delivery capabilities to include flatbeds, tractor trailers, moffett and boom trucks
- Rail Siding – Direct from the mill shipments of Lumber, Plywood and Drywall
- Multiple Drive Through Warehouses
- Waterfront Access
- Efficiency gains and expanded inventory for all markets we serve