Now Accepting Applicants for an Operations Representative!
Kuiken Brothers Newark, NJ
500 Doremus Ave
Newark, NJ 07105
Join one of the most forward thinking building material companies in the country!
Please complete the general application above and submit to the Human Resources Department at our Fair Lawn, NJ location. Should you have any questions, you may reach them by e-mail HR@kuikenbrothers.com or by calling (201) 796-2082.
The primary role of the Operations Representative (Load Builder) is to function as the customer support representative in all related yard activities, specifically routinely pulling materials and assembling truck loads in a safe, efficient manner for delivery to customer job sites.
Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned as needed):
- Provide superior customer service in yard operation; answers customers’ questions and concerns regarding orders and retrieves orders
• Assists in gathering materials to build loads/orders
• Assist truck drivers to load various building supplies onto trucks for delivery
• Assemble customers’ orders in accordance with loading list for delivery to job site at the time and date required by the customer
• Carefully identify product to assure correct materials and sizes and accurate quantities are pulled for customer orders
• Load and unload materials by hand or forklift onto or from pallets, trucks or customer vehicles and installs strapping, bracing or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit
• Perform load-building: determine the appropriate weight, composition, and placement of load based on customer order and capacity of delivery vehicle to ensure load is balanced and safe for transportation
• Safe operation of a forklift to move materials and build orders
• Be knowledgeable about all products stored in the yard
• Practice proper material handling techniques to ensure minimal damage to yard inventory
• Keep the yard area clean and presentable in appearance
• Executes and understands the importance of time management, standards of operating procedures, owner’s manuals and product/warning labels
• Assists in keeping inventory stocked with proper materials
• Operates with a strict awareness of all safety guidelines
- Knowledge of BisTrack, preferred
Qualifications: (Education and yrs of experience)
- Ability to read, write, and speak in English
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Power Industrial Truck Operator experience preferred
- Building material knowledge and or experience preferred
- Be able to work the yard during adverse weather conditions
- Must be self-motivated and have a strong work ethic
- Ability to work in a high-volume environment
- Interpersonal skills (relationship building, teamwork, interpersonal insight, conflict resolution, customer orientation)
- Communication (verbal communication, persuasive impact, listening, written communication)
- Judgment and thinking (strategic thinking, original thinking, judgment and decision making, problem solving, awareness)
- Performance skills (accuracy with detail, planning and organizing, efficiency, business acumen)
- Personal characteristics (motivation/commitment, flexibility, assertiveness, development orientated, results orientation resilience, quality orientation)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moving frequently, standing and walking
- Frequent reaching, holding and grasping with hands when loading and unloading product
- Frequent pushing, pulling, kneeling, bending, and squatting
- Frequent lifting of up to 50 lbs. Occasional lifting of up to 115 lbs.
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions
Disclaimer: The above information in this description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It does not contain nor is it intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
*Equal Employment Opportunity
Kuiken Brothers Company provides equal opportunity to all qualified employees, and applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or sexual orientation. It is the responsibility of all management and supervisory personnel to ensure the fulfillment of this policy, including hiring, placement, upgrading, transfer, demotion, recruitment, advertising, or solicitation of employment; treatment during employment; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; selection for training; participation in Company-sponsored functions or programs; layoff or discharge.
Now Accepting Applicants
If you have an interest in employment opportunities with Kuiken Brothers at our Emerson, NJ location and would like to discuss details about the open positions, we would like to hear from you.
Please download and complete the driver application above and submit to the Human Resources Department at our Fair Lawn, NJ location by fax (201) 475-2170 or e-mail HR@kuikenbrothers.com. You may also reach them by phone by calling (201) 796-2082.