Now Accepting Applicants!
Kuiken Brothers Garfield
485 River Drive
Garfield, NJ 07026
Join one of the most forward thinking building material companies in the country!
The Kuiken Brothers Board of Directors would like to take this opportunity to personally thank you for consideration of employment with our company. You have selected a progressive, people-oriented company that provides a wide variety of products and services to our customers. We owe our past and current successes to the dedication, loyalty and hard work of all our employees. Without it, we would not be here today. Likewise, our future depends on the employees that comprise the Kuiken Brothers’ TEAM.
We offer many benefits and employee programs that will help make work more rewarding and enjoyable.
We are a service organization–which means people working with and serving other people. What makes us successful is our ability to provide our customers with exceptional service.
We believe that our people–all of our dedicated, loyal and hardworking employees–are our greatest asset. Thank you for selecting Kuiken Brothers Company as your potential employer!
Now Accepting Applicants for CDL Drivers/Boom Operators!
If you have an interest in employment opportunities with Kuiken Brothers at our Garfield, NJ location and would like to discuss details about the open positions, we would like to hear from you.
Please download and complete the driver application above and submit to the Human Resources Department at our Fair Lawn, NJ location by fax (201) 475-2170 or e-mail HR@kuikenbrothers.com. You may also reach them by phone by calling (201) 796-2082.
The primary role is responsible for delivering building material products or supplies to customers, vendors or other company locations. Duties include operating freight handling equipment, maintenance and operation of company vehicles including tandem, boom truck, pickup truck and box van.
Our boom trucks are categorized as Articulating Boom Cranes and require specialized training and certification under OSHA standards. If you already possess this certification, this brings added value to the application process. If you are CDL certified (with a clean driving record) and have a strong desire to learn to operate a boom truck you could also be considered for the position.
Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned as needed):
- Handle assorted tools properly and safely
- Operate power industrial trucks (PITO) and other machinery
- Verify order details and deliver orders to specified destination
- Load and appropriately secure product, materials, or supplies
- Maneuver vehicles safely into loading/unloading positions
- Provide customer service at jobsites
- Executes and understands the importance of time management, standards of operating procedures, owner’s manuals and product/warning labels
- Maintain the cleanliness and appearance of fleet vehicles
- Knowledge of BisTrack, preferred
Qualifications: (Education and yrs of experience)
- Ability to read, write, and speak in English
- Able to complete basic math and measurement skills
- Push, Pull, Kneel, Bend, Squat, and Lift 50 lbs or more
- Power Industrial Truck Operator experience, preferred
- Building material knowledge and or experience, preferred
- High School Diploma/GED, required
- Possess a valid CDL and Department of Transportation (DOT) medical card
- Pass an annual MVR as required per DOT
- Possess or have ability to obtain PITO certification
- Work a flexible schedule, including weekends
- Detail oriented
- To be self-motivated and have a strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently and within a team setting
- Ability to work in a high volume environment and in various weather conditions
- Interpersonal skills (relationship building, teamwork, interpersonal insight, conflict resolution, customer orientation)
- Must be able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with other store location members
- Communication (verbal communication, persuasive impact, listening, written communication)
- Judgment and thinking (strategic thinking, original thinking, judgment and decision making, problem solving, awareness)
- Performance skills (accuracy with detail, planning and organizing, efficiency, business acumen)
- Personal characteristics (motivation/commitment, flexibility, assertiveness, development orientated, results orientation resilience, quality orientation)