Now Accepting Applicants for a Boom Truck Helper – GARFIELD, NJ
Kuiken Brothers Garfield, NJ
485 River Drive
Garfield, NJ 07026
Join one of the most forward thinking building material companies in the country!
The Kuiken Brothers Board of Directors would like to take this opportunity to personally thank you for consideration of employment with our company. You have selected a progressive, people-oriented company that provides a wide variety of products and services to our customers. We owe our past and current successes to the dedication, loyalty and hard work of all our employees. Without it, we would not be here today. Likewise, our future depends on the employees that comprise the Kuiken Brothers’ TEAM.
We offer many benefits and employee programs that will help make work more rewarding and enjoyable.
We are a service organization–which means people working with and serving other people. What makes us successful is our ability to provide our customers with exceptional service.
We believe that our people–all of our dedicated, loyal and hardworking employees–are our greatest asset. Thank you for selecting Kuiken Brothers Company as your potential employer!
Now Accepting Applicants For Boom Truck Helper
If you have an interest in employment opportunities with Kuiken Brothers at our Garfield, NJ location and would like to discuss details about the open positions, we
Please download and complete the application above and submit to the Human Resources Department at our Fair Lawn, NJ location by fax (201) 475-2170 or e-mail HR@kuikenbrothers.com. You may also reach them by phone by calling (201) 796-2082.
Job Summary:The primary role of the Boom Truck Helper is to assist the CDL driver with performing any combination of tasks including delivering, loading, and unloading building material products and other materials to customers, vendors, or other company locations.
Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned as needed):
- Ride in commercial delivery trucks to accompany CDL driver to job site
- Verify all product loads before departure assuring quantity and quality of product
- Inspect job sites for safety and operational hazards upon arrival, discussing any obstacles with driver and or other team members or involved parties
- Assist driver by guiding truck onto and off customer’s property to avoid damage
- Assist driver by directing safe operation of the boom to unload materials
- Upon return to warehouse, reload for next delivery (same day or next morning)
- Build strong rapports with customers by delivering products in a timely and efficient manner
- Communicate with customers to ensure excellent customer service
Qualifications: (Education and yrs of experience)
- Able to read, write, and speak in English
- Able to complete basic math and measurement skills
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Forklift certification preferred
- Product knowledge of building supplies preferred
- Detail oriented
- To be self-motivated and possess a strong work ethic
- Ability to work in a high-volume environment and in various weather conditions
- Interpersonal skills (relationship building, teamwork, interpersonal insight, conflict resolution, customer orientation)
- Must be able to develop and maintain effecting working relationships with other store location members
- Communication (verbal communication, persuasive impact, listening)
- Judgment and thinking (strategic thinking, original thinking, judgment and decision making, problem solving, awareness)
- Performance skills (accuracy with detail, planning and organizing, efficiency, business acumen)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moving frequently, standing walking, and sitting
- Must be able to see and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Frequent reaching, holding and grasping with hands when loading and unloading product
- Frequent use of foot/feet to operate foot pedals on equipment
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.; occasionally lift and/or move up to 115 lbs.
- Safely and frequently entering, exiting the vehicle as well as the rear cargo area
Disclaimer:The above information in this description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It does not contain nor is it intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Now Accepting Applicants For Boom Truck Helper
If you have an interest in employment opportunities with Kuiken Brothers at our Garfield, NJ location and would like to discuss details about the open positions, we would like to hear from you.
Please download and complete either the general application above and submit to the Human Resources Department at our Fair Lawn, NJ location by fax (201) 475-2170 or e-mail HR@kuikenbrothers.com. You may also reach them by phone by calling (201) 796-2082.
*Equal Employment Opportunity
Kuiken Brothers Company provides equal opportunity to all qualified employees, and applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or sexual orientation. It is the responsibility of all management and supervisory personnel to ensure the fulfillment of this policy, including hiring, placement, upgrading, transfer, demotion, recruitment, advertising, or solicitation of employment; treatment during employment; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; selection for training; participation in Company-sponsored functions or programs; layoff or discharge.