Now Accepting Applicants for an Administrative Assistant!
Kuiken Brothers Emerson
246 Kinderkamack Rd
Emerson, NJ 07630
Join one of the most forward thinking building material companies in the country!
The Kuiken Brothers Board of Directors would like to take this opportunity to personally thank you for consideration of employment with our company. You have selected a progressive, people-oriented company that provides a wide variety of products and services to our customers. We owe our past and current successes to the dedication, loyalty and hard work of all our employees. Without it, we would not be here today. Likewise, our future depends on the employees that comprise the Kuiken Brothers’ TEAM.
We offer many benefits and employee programs that will help make work more rewarding and enjoyable.
We are a service organization–which means people working with and serving other people. What makes us successful is our ability to provide our customers with exceptional service.
We believe that our people–all of our dedicated, loyal and hardworking employees–are our greatest asset. Thank you for selecting Kuiken Brothers Company as your potential employer!
If you have an interest in employment opportunities with Kuiken Brothers at our Emerson, NJ location and would like to discuss details about the open positions, we would like to hear from you.
Please download and complete the application above and submit to the Human Resources Department at our Fair Lawn, NJ location by fax (201) 475-2170 or e-mail HR@kuikenbrothers.com. You may also reach them by phone by calling (201) 796-2082.
The Administrative Assistant is under the direct supervision of the location manager. This position provides administrative and office support for the location manager and/or department. In addition to filing, performs duties such as financial record keeping, hourly timekeeping, coordination of meetings, obtaining supplies, receiving P.O.s for vendor materials in BisTrack, coordinating direct mailings and working on special projects. Also, answers non-routine phone traffic and correspondence and assembles confidential information. Deals with a diverse group of external callers, customers, outside salesmen and visitors as well as internal contacts from multiple store locations. Independent judgement is required to prioritize and organize a varied workload. Periodically recommends changes in office practices.
Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned as needed):
- Prioritizes large volumes of incoming information and calls. Answers the phone in a timely and courteous manner, screen calls and diverts all calls to the appropriate person
- Meets and greets all guests that enter the office entrance, and directs them to the appropriate staff
- Responsible for general office duties, including filing, ordering supplies, mail distribution, and maintenance of the copier, fax machine, postage machine, and telephone system
- Documents and scans all invoices. Also scans pick tickets, credit card slips and transfer paperwork
- Maintains inventories through the daily count and tracks transfers for completion
- Responsible for tracking and maintaining records for all forms, including accident and health reports
- Prepares a summary of the daily cash drawers (at day-end) and prepares the bank deposits
- Maintains time cards and PTO hours for all employees at the store location and input hours into payroll system
- Assists customers with questions regarding delivery information.
- Provides truck drivers with account information for some deliveries
- Understands Company policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook in order to clarify and answer employees’ basic inquiries
- Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Acts as coordinator for special projects, which may include: planning and preparing presentations and disseminating information
- Issues supplier returns and follow-ups
- Knowledge of BisTrack preferred
- Must have strong computer skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook)
Qualifications: (Education and yrs of experience)
- Ability to read, write, and speak in English
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Additional business school coursework in general office functions, word processing, and computers preferred
- Judgment and thinking (strategic thinking, original thinking, judgment and decision making, problem solving, awareness)
- Performance skills (accuracy with detail, planning and organizing, efficiency, business acumen)
- Leadership (ability to take charge of a situation and make sure it gets resolved)
- Communication (verbal communication, written communication, the ability to synthesize and present financial data clearly and concisely)
Disclaimer: The above information in this description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It does not contain nor is it intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.