Now Accepting Applicants for an Accounts Receivable Representative – Fair Lawn, NJ
If you have an interest in employment opportunities with Kuiken Brothers and would like to discuss details about the open position, we would like to hear from you.
Kuiken Brothers Fair Lawn, NJ
6-02 Fair Lawn Ave
Fair Lawn, NJ 07410
Join one of the most forward thinking building material companies in the country! Please complete the application above and submit to the Human Resources Department at our Fair Lawn, NJ location. Should you have any questions, you may reach them by e-mail HR@kuikenbrothers.com or by calling (201) 796-2082.
The primary role of the Accounts Receivable Representative is to perform various tasks related to maintaining the accounts receivable records.
Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned as needed):
- Make collection phone calls and prepare letters to customers regarding late invoices and account status
- Process credit applications weekly and enter cash applications
- Perform payment applications and cash receipts data entry into the BisTrack ERP system
- Conduct account reconciliations as needed
- Open new accounts and maintain existing accounts
- Answer and field all incoming accounts receivable calls from customers, respond to correspondence and address questions from Outside Sales Representatives and Location Managers
- Process all bounced checks received by customers and actively seek repayment
- Prepare all monthly customer statements, email and follow-up
- Complete payment vouchers for accounts on an as needed basis
- Maintenance of tax-exempt forms and investigate and approve respective qualifications
- Knowledge of BisTrack, preferred
- Strong computer skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Some math aptitude
Qualifications: (Education and yrs of experience)
- Ability to read, write and speak in English
- Spoken Spanish a plus
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Additional business school or college coursework in accounting, bookkeeping, or related subjects preferred
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience in accounts receivable or accounting
- Judgment and thinking (original thinking, judgment and decision making, problem solving, awareness)
- Performance skills (accuracy with detail, planning and organizing, efficiency, business acumen)
- Leadership (ability to handle a situation and make sure it gets solved)
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Talking and hearing necessary for communication
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Reading a computer screen for an extended period
- Frequent standing and walking
- Reaching, handling, and finger dexterity necessary to operate keyboard and various office equipment
- Light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time of up to 20 pounds
Disclaimer: The above information in this description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It does not contain nor is it intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.